יום שני, 27 בפברואר 2012

Chicken schnitzel in a soft baguette, with mustard and tomatoes

Chicken schnitzel in a soft baguette seemed like a great idea, but it turned out to be a mistake, sort of.
Laura decided to go to Yaki's Deli, a nearby place which rumor has it once was a great delicatessen. They specialize in "everything", thus there are cold cuts, sandwiches, various pastas, home style dishes and even stir fried noodles.

Chicken schnitzel in a soft baguette, with mustard and tomatoes

This sandwich starts in a bowl in which lay schnitzel prepared, refrigerated, under glass.
Yaki chose a few pieces and placed them in a pressure toaster.
Meanwhile I gazed at the long display fridge, wondering what to add to my bun. I looked at the fried cauliflower, laying next to other fried things, I had no idea what was fresh enough to eat, nor did I want to experiment.

As I waited I saw a man eating a stir fried dish,  and then other one eating  salad.
Laura ordered stir fried noodles with bits of chicken breast. The noodles and vegetables were completely generic, and at some point the pieces of chicken breast were taken out of a refrigerated bowl as well.

My sandwich finally got some mustard and tomatoes (not very fresh).
I was back at my office in five minutes, my food was already very cold. Luckily it was still tasty and surprisingly enough the schnitzel maintained its crunchiness, with the bun and mustard helping save the flavor.
I paid 25NIS for sandwich (mediocre at best), while across the street, David's falafel, home to a similar dish, hot and fresh, and with a much better attitude from the staff, fries on the side, free fresh salads and pickles, all at a lower price.

I can only recommend to Yaki and his wife to chillax, stop being nasty to their clients (even if there's a rush of them), and fixate on a certain genre - while mastering it.

P.S.
This was not my first time there: I once ate awful pasta there, and on another occasion I bought a salami and cheese sandwich, only to discover that both salami and cheese slices had bits of their plastic wrapper still on.

תגובה 1:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ארכיון הבלוג